Friday, March 6, 2015

Here We Go Again :Winter Storm 15 Part Duex

Okay, so a week later, we are faced with the same Winter Storm issue as last week.  Even after being nearly 80 degrees on Wednesday.
 
We were sent home promptly at 11:00 a.m  Thursday to give everyone sufficient time to travel home safely.  It was a good thing too. This 15 car pile up happened on my route home around 3pm and shut down the interstate for hours.  The accident they say was caused by ice.
 
 
(photo courtesy of al.com ...see story HERE )
 
It did begin sleeting around 1-ish and the temperature was steadily dropping, I reclined to watch the court shows and dropped off to sleep, I woke up four hours later to several text from various people.
 
W was in Selma, working on a communications package for the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Selma march.  He was telling me about being buzzed by Marine helicopters that he knew were there for the President and how cool he thought that was, even if he didn't agree with the man's politics.  He asked how bad conditions were and if he would be able to get home.
 
The others were from Jody, telling me he had been "activated" for this storm too. He would be working night shift and that I could hit him up later.  He and I chatted on and off through the night. 
 
This morning, there was a message on our weather line that we were delaying opening until 9:00 a.m. so I thankfully rolled over and snoozed a little longer.

The sun was shining when I finally got up to get into the shower.
I almost broke my neck going to warm the car up because the sleet had left a nifty layer of ice on my porch.
 
 
 
And my car... 


 
I had a little challenge getting in the car.
The doors were frozen shut!
 
I did not encounter any ice until I got to 459 where it clung to the shady spots.
 
Come on Spring
Alabama is ready for you!

No comments: