Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Gift For Me.

Someone once told me that I only loved myself. At the time, they were very wrong. I loved everyone but myself.  And the way I lived my life proved it. I let people run all over me. I scrimped and saved and sacrificed, over and over again. I let people steal from me and never said anything, because I thought they loved me too.

It has taken me a very long time, but I finally have a gift for me.

I love myself.

I love myself enough to not have to settle for someone who completely ignores me
I love myself enough to not be with someone who only shows affection when he wants something.
I love myself enough to ask questions when things don't add up.
I love myself enough to know the difference between having someone be there for me and just having someone be there.
I love myself enough to be with someone who will think I am his top priority and put my best interest first. To support me. To protect me.
I love myself enough to stand up for myself when things are not right.
I love myself enough to walk away if I need to.

I finally love myself

No comments: