Friday, December 30, 2011

25 Questions: Holiday Style

Okay, so I'm bored and I "borrowed" it from another blog I read.

25 Questions: Holiday Style

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Egg Nog....heavy on the "nog"

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa usually just leaves them under the tree but since Julz was going to be late getting to the house, this year, he wrapped them all in one big box. That prevented Kit-Kat from swapping out the gifts she didn't like before everyone got up.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White....colored lights are tacky

4. Do you hang mistletoe? NO! My husband is oversexed enough as it is.

5. When do you hang your decorations up? December 15th. Exactly 10 days to look at them. Then I put them up the day after Christmas

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ambrosia ...they don't call it "the food of the gods" for nothing.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Well, it used to be Christmas, all of them. They were all magical and wonderful. Now, not so much.

8. What is on your Christmas wish list? A Kindle Fire

9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? Depends on where we are.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's all penguins

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Never get it, so I really can't answer that.

12. Real tree or fake tree? Fake! No needles, or having to water it or any of that hassle.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? The birth of Jesus! Isn't that everyone's most important thing?

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Didn't I already answer this?? Ambrosia

16. What is your favorite tradition? It used to be the "Oooh-Ahhh" but my family is "too cool" to do that. When I was a teenager, every night before we turned out the tree, my mother and brother and me would link arms and stand in front of the tree and go "ooohh-ahhh." We'd do it from three different vantage points, then turn out the tree. Every night. Without fail. It was silly, but fun.

17. What tops your tree? a bow

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? Well since I rarely get anything, I guess I'd have to say giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Depends, are they peppermint or one of those unnatural flavors?

21. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

22: What do you leave for Santa? milk and cookies like everyone else


23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? We go to Mother's house, but the kids are getting too cool for that too.

24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? Neither, but is has to be done... > sigh <

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? If I can get all the kids together, I like to send a photo card. Yet another thing they are too cool for....

I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

~En-JOY!!

No comments: