Sunday, October 3, 2010

Confessions

Okay, I confess. I haven't written in a while. There are many reasons..family, work, illness, laziness, Starz free movie weekend...the list goes on and on.

But a blog post by April has stoked my creative fire. You will be hearing a lot more from me as I vow, along with April, to post something every day.

I am a little behind on posting. I have quite a bit of new material, but have been a little under the weather and prefer to lounge on the couch and be pitiful.

I know that I have plenty of time today to pound out a page but "Confessions of a Shopaholic" was on. I could watch that movie over and over again. Now "Kate and Leopold"is on, another over and over again favorite. I know, excuses.

What has happened since my last post? Let's see. We survived the weekend with the Home Ec Baby (a.k.a. Baby Think It Over II). I think I fractured another toe. I've slacked on my "gluten free" diet. I got a terrible head cold. Julz got a job at a sea food restaurant, but abhors sea food. Tigger and Miss Mary Mac's relationship is rocking right along as is Kit-Kat and her Matt-man.
Auburn is 5-0, despite two heart-stopping, last minute wins. Bama is also undefeated, and somewhere a foul-mouthed college student from Florida who had a great deal to say two days ago is either in hiding or returning to his parents in a pine box, thanks to those seated in Section 42. (Coincidentally, the state with the most mobile homes is actually California, with 12 million. South Carolina has the most per capita at 20%). We have a high school reunion coming up next week and Homecoming at our alma mater the next, where I will once again, twirl on the field with the rest of the alumni majorettes. (Never, ever pass up the opportunity to feel 17 again!)

So, you can see, I have several things I can write about over the next few weeks.
Now, to find the time.
Right now, I need a shot of Nyquil and a warm Snuggie =)

You enjoy your day, I will enjoy mine

~Joy

No comments: