Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reality Check

I'm beginning to think that people are running out of things to put on t.v. No one has any original ideas anymore, hence all the remakes of old sitcoms, cop shows, shows based on movies, and all the blasted reality shows (come on CBS, admit it, you are running out of jungles) where you can see people at their worst and creative editting at it's best.

But as much as I hate to admit it, there is just some reality t.v. that I love. Biggest Loser is, hands down, my favorite t.v show, reality or otherwise. Though I missed the very first season, I haven't missed another since.

I empathize with those who have no control over their food addition. Those who stand, powerless, over a maxed out scale,with no apparent hope in sight. I feel for the parent who has to weigh a strict family budget against eating right, because it's cheaper to eat junk. I've stood in the shoes of the hypertensive, diabetic, with sleep apnea, taking a handful of pills every day to control the rebelious body they are living inside, struggling to get out of.

I cry when I watch their stories of how they felt they went from once normal to overweight and lost their confidence. I cry when I watch their stories of how they had alway been overweight and never had confidence. I cry with their triumphs and their tradgedies.

No comments: