Sunday, November 15, 2015

"Lord, Please Remove Those Who Have No Business In My Life..."

In my morning prayers, as I send up prayers for protection over my children and other family, I always ask the Lord to remove those from my life who have "no business" in my life or the life of my family. I implore Him to remove those "who seek to use us and abuse us."  I  feel like this simple request has spared me from a great deal of heartache.

Today, in the final sermon of his "Blessed Life" series, our pastor shared an idea that I never thought of before, but one that makes a lot of sense.

"Those who are focused on PEOPLE, will use Money to help other People. But those who are focused on MONEY will use People to get more Money"

This struck me: I had lived this very truth.
For the better part of two decades, I was used for my resources.

Now I know the Lord won't let that happen again.

No comments: