Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Birthday Wish

Happy Birthday Tigger,

I miss you terribly, but I know that you will have a great birthday.

It has been a very long time since you asked if you could "just call me Momma," but I fell in love with your sweet little face long before that.  I always told people that I married him because of  his kids.

Now that you are a man, you can make decisions for yourself. What happened between your dad and I should be just that: between him and me. What happened was a big shock to me, and I can only imagine how it ruined your birthday that year. Divorce is ugly enough without using other people to hurt one another.

 Your sisters and I are at a loss as to why you do not want to see us, especially me. I honestly do not know what I could have done. How ever you may feel that I have wronged you, I am sorry.  Whatever the reason, however, I do not deserve to be treated in such a manner.  I raised you.  Not out of any sense of obligation. I raised you out of love.

I did not intend to make you uncomfortable. I just wanted to see your sweet face. You know I had no reason to think things would not go pleasantly. But I was not going to cause a scene, nor was I going to be involved in anyone else's unnecessary drama.  That is why I left quietly. I know there is still a lot of pain there. Everyone continues to tolerate the problem.

All I can say is continue to rise above it.

I will close by saying that I love you very much. I am proud of the man that you have become.
Continue to move forward, strive to be the best that you can be.

Much Love,
~Mom

No comments: