Monday, September 11, 2017

Where Were You?

Today was Patriot Day. You know ....Nine Eleven.

As it has become my tradition, I share my own personal story of 9/11.

I also post this video. This song makes me cry every time I hear it.



I feel like America has forgotten what happened. And after sixteen years, it's easy to do.
But I wore my yellow ribbon and American flag pin.

We have trainees in the office for the week.  One of the new recruits asked what it was for. He was young. I am sure he was just a child when it all happened. Another, elbowed him in the ribs and said "Duh...Nine Eleven". He kinda cocked his head and muttered, "Oh, I forgot that was a thing."

The hurricane coverage of Irma over the last few days reminds me of the information overload that we all suffered from at that time. The constant barrage of destruction and doom. But I am happy to report that all of my loved ones, friends and acquaintances are safe.

As I sit in my living room and listen as Irma, now a tropical storm, whips the trees in the back yard, I remind myself why I observe today.

2,996 souls.

Never forget.
.



No comments: