Saturday, November 25, 2017

Iron Bowl 2017

The Auburn Tigers beat (former) #1 ranked Alabama 26 to 14.
WAR EAGLE!

And I actually got to watch THE WHOLE GAME!! That is kinda becoming a thing now. Jinx my @$$!

My Gym Family invited me to their home for the game. I had warned them of the "jinx" that had been foisted on me nearly 20 years ago. I cautiously watched the first half , standing half in the kitchen, half in the den. I would peep around the corner but would walk back into the kitchen when I was afraid things were going down hill.

As it turned out, I was worried about nothing. I grew more confident that I was not jinxing my team (however Lee Courso may have helped us out a bit by announcing he felt bama would be victorious....lol) and finally was able to settle down on the couch.

 And now, I must watch every game there until the streak is over.  LOL

Hey, it's only crazy if it doesn't work!

There are a couple of things that must happen in order to keep the streak alive.

1) Flex, their 8 month old grandson, must also be present, as does nephew Stone. There was a moment that I may have traumatized the little Flex. Scoring our final touchdown, I screamed. Grandpa Phil simultaneously tossed the little guy into the air in an attempt to make him laugh. Flex gave me the stink eye for the remainder of the evening.
2) Trudi and I can not be out of the room at the same time. We learned this the hard way, thank you second half touchdown. Note to Self; Purchase all provisions prior to the game.
3) Phil has announced that we must all wear the exact same clothes we wore tonight. Yeah, okay, I get that.
4)We will also be eating the exact same food. The cheese dip and chips was meant to be a one time treat, as we are getting serious again next week. Oh well, we all make sacrifices, right?

After the victory, I texted all my other Auburn peeps in celebration of our victory.

Trudi and I hoped into the car to run down to the local coffee shop to purchase a celebratory cup of joe. Because sometimes it could be unnerving when it happened, I thought I'd better warn her about the Bluetooth feature in my car. I had just got out of my mouth, that when someone texted me, the music would stop and the car would ask if I wanted it to read my text, when my brother responded to my text.   What. a great time for a demonstration. My brother, trying to be funny, responded that I must have not been anywhere near a TV, but I happily informed him that I watched EVERY SINGLE DOWN.  He told me that he was impressed. I told Bluetooth that I was done.

"Wow....they really DO get on you about that jinx thing!" Trudi exclaimed, a little wide eyed. 

Yep...for twenty long years.

The aftermath in Auburn is still unfolding. The resulting "blizzard" is nothing short of spectacular!



Can't go to Toomers to be part of the fun, so I had a little fun of my own. I know the neighbors think that I am crazy.


Toomers in the day light is no less spectacular.




So I updated my photo as well.


EnJOY!


No comments: