Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Hello....It's Me

I have been thinking about "my son" a lot lately. 


The son I raised and loved as my own for fifteen years. The son who once told my best friend that he understood the difference between me and his biological mother . The fact that I chose him was not lost on him.


The boy I had called "Tigger" was now a man.


I have not seen him in five very long years.
Is he happy?
Is he healthy?
Is he thinking for himself ?
Is he still trying to gain approval?




We have a new kid in our karaoke group who reminds me so much of Tigger that I almost cry every time I see him. The first time I saw him, the resemblance was so uncanny, I had to ask myself if I was dreaming.  He is a very good sport about the resemblance and he jokingly calls me "Mom" when the group is together.  He is the same age. He too, had been separated from his own mother, and he welcomes the motherly attention. He patiently listened to the story about how long it has been since I had seen him, and how there was no telling what he had been told and paid me the sweetest compliment,  wishing I had been his stepmother instead of the woman his own father had ran off with.  He even let me give him a "birthday" hug on Tigger's birthday last December.




I miss Tigger terribly. 


I hope that no other mother would ever have to go through this.



No comments: