Friday, December 27, 2019

Thank You For Leaving

It's been six years ago today, since my world was suddenly turned upside down. For the longest I was extremely bitter. I seethed with anger. I broke down in tears at the very thought of it all.

But now, I am better.  I didn't think of it at all until someone I was talking to sort of reminded me that today was the day.

So much has happened. So much has changed. I am a new person.

And I am thankful.

Thankful I am stronger, both physically and mentally.

Thankful that I am healthier than I have ever been.

Thankful that I now have a comfortable life, that I live on my terms. 

Thankful that I am happy.

Thankful that I actually love myself and I am enough.

I could go on and on,  but the main thing I need to say is,  thank you for leaving.

You've helped me more than you will ever know.


No comments: