Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well I missed "Flashback Friday" which this week is "Love, look at the two of us".

I had picked one of my very favorite photos of my husband, and me. It was one of the very first photos of us together, taken sometime in January 1997. I can't post the photo now because the stupid scanner is dead.

It's a candid shot, taken at Darllng Hubby's bachelor pad by one of our friends. We were getting ready to go dancing. He had just given me a vase with yellow roses in it. He didn't know those were my favorites, he picked them because they were pretty. He is wearing blue jeans and a hunter green button-down.I am wearing a black t-shirt and size 10 blue jeans (really miss those jeans..lol!). He is sitting on the couch, I am sitting on the coffee table facing him, singing. He has his hand on my cheek. It is obvious we are in love.

I'm singing "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morrisette. It's one of two songs that we call "our song."
It's sentiment was close to home, for both of us. Both of us left scarred by our first marriages. Left to believe that we would never find love again.
Neither of us looking.

These are the words:

I had no choice
but to hear you
You stated your case
time and again
I thought about it

You treat me like
Im a princess
Im not used to liking that
You ask how my day was

Youve already won me over
in spite of me
Dont be alarmed if I fall
head over feet
Dont be surprised if I love you
for all that you are
I couldnt help it
Its all your fault

Your love is thick
and it swallowed me whole
Youre so much braver
than I gave you credit for
Thats not lip service

You are the bearer
of unconditional things
You held your breath
and the door for me
Thanks for your patience

Youre the best listener that Ive ever met
Youre my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long

I've never felt
this healthy before
Ive never wanted something rational
I am aware now
I am aware now

You've already won me over
in spite of me
Don't be alarmed if I fall
head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you
For all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault

We've just began our 13th year together and will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this May.

We've had our ups and downs, like most couples.

And I'm still head over feet.

No comments: