Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15th is upon us


The Buckets Comic strip by Greg Cravens courtesey of comics.com http://comics.com/the_buckets/2009-04-15/
I had to share this comic strip because it's exactly how I feel every year paying taxes.
I heard on the radio today that 90% of the taxes are paid by only 40% of the population.
My best bud/partner in crime Cyn and I are even thinking about checking out the local Tea Party ( http://www.taxdayteaparty.com/). I have my tea bags hanging from my rear-view mirror in support. Radio hosts Rick and Bubba will be reporting from it on Sean Hannity tonight.
Also on the radio, was a local blue grass group "Three On A String." I am very familiar with them as they were really popular in our area for the past 30+ years and at one point, Andy McGinniss, the dad of my friend Ben, played with them.
Every year, on tax day, the Rick and Bubba show have them on to sing their wildly popular "Tax Song."
My favorite line is " If ten percent is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be good enough for Uncle Sam."
Indeed!

No comments: