Sunday, August 1, 2010

Whew!

Tigger made it through his first date. Whew! Glad that's over.


His date, I will call "Miss Mary Mac," a young lady I've known since she was just a twinkle in her father's eye. She and Tigger met when they were very young and they've been friends for many years now. As I mentioned in my previous post, they share many common interests and have a very close bond. This date is a recent plot twist in their friendship.


Having know me all of her life, Miss Mary Mac was not at all surprised when I asked for a photo to document this momentous occasion. It looks pretty much like all other photos I've taken of them over the years.

Despite having me tagging along to chaperone (or course, someone did have to drive), we had a great time last night watching "Despicable Me."


3D entertainment has come a long way. Aside from "Avatar," the last 3D movie I saw was "Friday the Thirteenth 3D." It also costs much more. If I'd known they were going to charge $4 more, I'd have kept the little glasses.

The bad thing about movie theatres is they reeeeeaaaaalllllllllllly like their popcorn and sodas. On the other hand, the good thing about movie theatres is that their idea of "medium" is a 44 oz soda.

Tigger is definately going to need to find himself a job if he wants to continue dating. I think we are going to try for a matinee next time.

The movie was really cute. A real family friendly story, emphasizing everyone's need for family acceptance and togetherness. Steve Carrell has a great Russian accent and the unmistakable voice of Russel Brand provides some really funny moments. After seeing Russell's comedy act, and more of him than I ever cared to see in "Forgettng Sarah Marshall," I'm really surprised to see he's involved in more wholesome pursuits.
The movie, surprisingly enough, starts out with "Sweet Home Alabama," something that is ALWAYS sure to get a whoop out of any crowd in Alabama (it is, after all, our "oh-ficial anthem.") I don't want to spoil the plot, so I will let you see the rest for yourself.
It is a definate "buy" when it comes out on dvd.

After the movie, we found ourselves in a familar place, on Miss Mary Mac's couch, watching "Mythbusters."


Nice to see things are back to normal.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I loved that movie!! Oh, and you are SO RIGHT about how highly the theaters view their popcorn & coke! Geez! But oh my goodness - as soon as it's available we'll own the DVD of that movie! We ALL loved it - and that's a lofty goal to reach given the fact that we're male (42), female (40), male (15), female (15), male (12), female (9).

The "dart" gun got us but not NEARLY as much as the BOOGIE ROBOTS. LOL!!! <3