Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Birthday Edition

It's my birthday.  I am spending the day trying not to feel old.

This is my great chambray dress from Chico's. I've probably paid more of it than most all of my other clothes.  But because it is a classic style, I should be able to wear it for many years. An investment piece. 

Because I have wide shoulders and small hips, I had to buy for my shoulders. This made the bottom of the dress balloon out. A trip to my tailor, and fifteen dollars worth of alterations later, it is now much more flattering. Though I did have to sacrifice the inset pockets, I considered it a small price to pay.

I usually wear it in the Winter, with tights and boots.

I wore it yesterday with my Volitile wedges and made it a Summer outfit. Pardon the wrinkles. I took the photo at the end of the day.  Yes, here I am in the bathroom again. I have no friends =(


 
Today, I'm wearing this outfit. I'm sure that you recognize my favorite white "rosette" tank and lime green shrug. I paired it with my polka-dot skirt that I purchased many years ago at Walmart. I didn't realize that you could not see that the dots are all different colors so the lime green shrug really brings out the green ones.  My favorite Nine West faux croc pumps round out the outfit.
 
~En-JOY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the shirtdress! I have the opposite problem - big hips, narrow waist - and my tailor is my BFF.