Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Playing Catch Up

Sorry all,

I have a very busy couple of weeks.

I guess a good place to start is by congratulating my dear friend LG on his recent nuptials to the beautiful Mrs LG. I know what you may be thinking. What Happened? Nothing. really. We have always been great friends. The physical distance was just to great to try to explore anything more. He has been a voice of calm stability during a time when my life was in turmoil LG told me that I am an incredible woman and that the Lord is going to send the perfect person into my life when the time is just right and that he would always support me.  He met her not long after my visit, and he knew right away that she was the one. She is a very sweet lady. I could not be happier for them.  Despite the invite to share in their joy, I could not attend, thanks largely to prior commitments. The pictures he sent me were beautiful. She is truly a lucky lady, as LG was the ultimate gentleman.

Julz and a buddy got to go to the Kentucky Derby for her birthday weekend. She came and raided my hat collection and left with four hats.  They had a great time and I got this really cute picture of them.



I am super proud of my oldest nephew, who earned an academic scholarship to a military college.
I hate that we couldn't be there to see him accept his scholarship.
 
 
I guess here is a good place to bring up" Huck", the latest fella in my life. A friend of a friend, we have been busy getting to know one another. Aside from being an Auburn fan (score!) he is easy to talk to and we have a lot in common.  He is my age, owns his own business, volunteers his Saturdays, and has three grown children....and is a grandfather to two little boys. They live in Knoxville, but from their pictures I can tell they are precious. "Pop Pop" is obviously smitten and wishes that they lived closer. The dates that we have been on have been fun. He sheepishly puts on readers in order to read menus, and that makes it easier for me to wear my own glasses. Despite commenting (three times)on my height when we first met, he assured me that he likes when I wear heels. "You have great legs" he said with a grin. In my flats, he is just a hair taller than me.
 
 This past weekend we went to see "Mad Max: Fury Road"  I only have one word to describe it: LOUD. Not exactly a remake as much as a reboot. Max (Tom Hardy) reluctantly accompanies a group of ghoulish desert inhabitants who escape from a Darth Vadar-esque villain under the guise of collecting gas, They instead go in search of The Green Place where Furiosa (Charlize Theron) was born. The kid from that zombie movie (Warm Bodies own Nicholas Hoult) as an unlikely hero. There were a few big plot holes that I would have liked to have been filled.  The make up and special effects were cool. The vehicles were very "Road Warrior" worthy , especially the "War Rig" a battle ready 18 wheel tanker truck.  Huck and I both agreed that the vehicle  covered in woofers and tweeters, carrying six drummers and a bungee-swinging guitar player, was the craziest. Who wouldn't want to travel with their own theme music?! It leaves a huge opening, that producers could drive a truck through, making the way for future sequels. Very interesting,  We opted for the regular viewing and was later glad that we did. Not sure I could have stood the 3D version. Can you say Sensory Overload?
 
In more recent days, I have been tied up in preparing for my BFF's middle daughter's wedding. The Divine Miss M will be married in less than two weeks time. So far I have been on hand for the purchase of TWO bridal gowns,  made six bridesmaids bouquets, gone fabric shopping till all hours of the night, searched high and low for a nude leotard, and stapled lace hem tape on countless programs. And after work tomorrow, I get to do it all again. Yea.
 
So the next couple of days are going to be really busy.
EnJOY your week!
 


No comments: