Tuesday, January 19, 2016

72 MORE HOURS.....


Her name was JoDeann.

She was a huge tomboy as a kid. My brother, her, and Michael from across the street were inseparable when we first moved to Country Club Oaks. I was 12 that year, so my brother was 8. She lived next door.  She quickly became his best friend.

I have a ton of pictures growing up, and JoDeann is in most of them. Birthdays, pool parties, Christmas, prom, and just random pictures of nothing in particular. She was always at my house.  I regarded her as a little sister.

She was an effervescent ray of sunshine, and always went out of her way to make others smile. She was always smiling, laughing, and bubbly. She was fearless and trusting. She would give you the shirt off her back, the shoes from her feet. She believed in second chances and would often smooth things over between feuding friends. She was the peace maker.  I've often wondered what she would be like now.

Her life ended December 31, 1992. She was only 23.

In 72 hours, the worthless piece of crap who ended her life will be put to death for this crime.

Googling her name will bring up his smirking mug. Every time.

Here is the most recent news report. Every time the anchor mispronounces her name it makes me mad.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/alabama-family-looking-for-closure-as-execution-nears

I know that she would have been embarrassed by all of this fuss. Had he just taken her wallet and nothing else, I know she would have forgiven him. 

But now we will never know, because he never gave her that chance.

In 72 hours, it will all be over.



No comments: