Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Not Quite a Jet Setter

I had a really "international" weekend

Friday night on the way home, I stopped a the local Chinese restaurant for a quick dinner.  It wasn't too long before I got a urgent text message from my partner in crime that she was having "an ugly sweater emergency."  I will get to that later.



Saturday night, I had Greek food from The Fish Market. I went with my mother, The Chief,  amd my mother's family, who I have not seen in ages. It was so much fun! I had cioppino, which is a seafood stew. It was on the gluten free menu, but was served with a large piece of gluten-loaded bread. Go figure.



Sunday, I met a friend for lunch at this little Italian place nearby (aren't they always  "little Italian places," think about it). He made some reference to Breaking Bad, a show I didn't watch, that I did not get. I didn't think that I was suffering not watching cable, now maybe I AM missing some things.
I had a grilled chicken salad, but he had a beautiful baked lasagna dish, which he apologized repeatedly for eating in front of me. I told him that the lasagna wasn't bothering me but the heaping bread basket, filled to the brim with large peices of homemade garlic bread (with dipping oil!) was presenting a challenge for me.  Yes, I dream of bread, and it was very hard to resist.





Sunday night, as I sat down for Mexican, the chile rellano ,one of only three dishes I will eat at this restaurant. They do not batter their rellanos before they cook them, but they do smother them with cheese. They are so fatty and delicious, I can only get one maybe once a month.



No comments: