Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Oops I Did It Again....

Sorry y'all. Hate to keep letting down my readers (of which I have surprisingly many now!)  Things have been super busy here at work.

What did I do this week? 

Thursday, Thanksgiving was quiet. I did temporarily lose my mind and go to Cracker Barrel for take out around noon. OMG was it crowded! The line snaked all through the store part of the building. I had never seen it so crowded. I could have gone with my mother to my aunt's but I just wasn't up to it. It wasn't so bad. They called the server out, who was obviously overwhelmed by the crowd, and kept coming back to check my order. Otherwise I could have been in and out in ten minutes. It took 30, but it was well worth the wait.  I had been invited to go to the annual Midnite Madness Black Friday Shopping Excursion with my crazy cousins,  but the temps dipped well into the freezing zone. No Thank You.  I also understand, from many recent articles, that the savings are not really that big.

Friday, I woke with a start at 7:00 a.m. because I thought, in those misty morning moments, that I had overslept for work.  When I finally got calmed down, I went to Cyn's and we hung out. Still not going near a store.

Saturday, I went to Wallyworld to pick up one of my prescriptions. LOL. They had not had time to clean up from the Black Friday craziness.  I happened upon a promotional movie rack and scored the first five seasons of The Big Bang Theory on DVD for far less than they were selling them in the electronics department. I also picked up several movies for just two bucks.  I spent the rest of the day watching them.

Sunday,  I got up just in time to make church. And I am glad that I did. The message is always timely.  This time it was on "A Life of JOY."  I am always a sucker for a good reference with my name. (Admitedly, I am a huge Almond Joy fan...sometimes you feel like a nut....LOL)  The important elements that stuck with me were that JOY is internal, JOY occurs by choice, and JOY is based in Christ and that one cultivates a Life of JOY through Praise, Prayer and Practice.  Yep. Got that on lock. I pray everyday for family, friends, and enemies alike.

Monday, it was, as we like to say in the coffee business, back to the grind.  We were extremely busy and there was hardly time to breathe.

Yesterday, I was supposed to go to the Sara Evans concert, but something last minute came up and I had to change my plans. I wasn't really feeling "country" anyway.  I sold my tickets (for much less than I paid) to my God-daughter and her friend instead. Late last night she called to tell me what an awesome time that she had (and what an awesome Godmother I was) and that she had gotten to go to the meet-and-greet afterwards. So she got to meet Sara Evans. She was thrilled beyond belief and was still talking in a pitch so high, I am sure dogs all around my neighborhood could hear.

And that brings me to today, where I have laid it all out for you, my readers.
Hope everyone has a great day.

~EnJOY!

No comments: