Friday, June 20, 2014

Rockin' It For the Weekend

Yesterday on my way into work I heard something unimaginable; an 11 year old California girl has qualified for match play in the US Women's Open in Pinehurst North Carolina.

I will let that sink in for a minute.

11 years old.    E L E V E N

What were you doing when you were eleven?

Eleven year old Lucy Li is the youngest person to ever qualify for the tournement, surpassing Lexi Thompson, who qualified at 12.

The pictures of her after the first day of play, show her calmly noshing on an ice cream cone, like 11 year olds are supposed to be doing, and discussing her day with the press. Finishing 8 over par, just 11 strokes behind the leader, the number one golfer in the world, Stacy Lewis.

Amazing!

If you've got it ....Rock It!

Rock on, Lucy, Rock on

 
"Just The Way You Are" - Bruno Mars - 2009
Doo-Wops and Hooligans - Elektra
 
 
 
Speaking of Rockin' I will be rocking it this weekend at Rock The South in Cullman Alabama!  Originally intended to raise money for tornado relief from the 2011 storms that devastated our area,  now is used to raise money for a variety of local charites. I am only interested in seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd, but the rest of my entourage are more country fans than I am, so we should all have a great time. I CAN'T WAIT!
 
Then, I start my much deserved vacation
 
~En-JOY!!


No comments: