Friday, June 13, 2014

Sittin' Pretty

I've made it throught another week...Bring on the weekend!

Nearly six months out of "the life changing event" and I am happy to say that things are going much better than expected! But we all knew that I would land on my feet with no problem, now didn't we.

What I am most surprised by, is how easy it is for me to handle everything (including the mortgage) on just my salary!  I guess that is the beauty of paying everything ON TIME.

Of course now that it is only me and Julzon my insurance (The Employee and Child plan)  rather than the Family plan, my coverage now costs me HALF what it did. It was like getting a raise! I've also cut the power bill in half, just by turning off lights when I leave the room. This month's gas bill was only $26!  And of course my car insurance is practically non-existent. It really does pay to be a good driver. After struggling for so many years (thinking we were paying the bills with TWO equal incomes...silly me), I'm amazed that I'm not even having to try that hard.  I am making ME happy and that takes hardly any energy at all. Living life on MY terms.  It makes me feel sad for the rest.

I have a comfortable life and I am happy with what I have.

But then again, it's not about the money now is it

As Ms Stefani says..."All the riches baby, don't mean anything...."



 
"If I Was A Rich Girl" - Gwen Stefani 2004
Love, Angel. Music, Baby - Interscope

No comments: