Sunday, August 3, 2014

So ...A Funny Thing Happened ....

Okay, so I went on my date with The Tech Guy last night. The more I had thought about it over the week the more I felt I needed to drive my own car. We met at a really nice restaurant and had a really nice meal. We talked. Well, some of us talked more than the other. And the other was distracted by all the big red flags.

Way Too Nice = Red Flag, Trying too hard to point out all the things we have in common = Red Flag Talking about us as if we were already in a relationship = Red Flag.  Saying that he would "always be honest with me"  Big... RED...  FLAG!

The realization that, although on the surface, it seemed like he was different, something about him, especially that last "flag" mentioned here, was very much the same as the effusively insincere glad-handing manner in which D/H had used to win me over.  I was not falling for that again.

The main thing I realized is that I like my life right now. No entanglements; no commitments; no one to answer to; hell....no one to clean up after, but myself. If I want to go to Wallyworld in the middle of the night, I go. If I don't want to eat dinner, I don't, If I get a wild hair and decide to drive to Waffle House for breakfast at 10:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, I do just that.

I know that I can get a little lonely sometimes, but that passes. When it comes right down to it, I don't like being stuck up someone else's hind quarters all the time anyway. Maybe that is what D/H could not understand, primarily because he can't seem to be alone. He has moved from one woman's house into the next his whole life. Never truly being out on his own, with the exception of a very brief time in the Army, and the two years that we dated. But I am a loner, and right now, I am really enjoying being alone.

So no "Love Connection". Nice guy. Gonna make that "special someone" really happy one day. Just won't be me. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board, as they say.

But the funniest thing happened when I got home.

After a week of not talking to W, there was a message from him wanting to know how my date went.   I responded that I had a nice time. He replied that I deserve something nice. I told him thank you. And then he admitted that he had missed me. That was a big surprise from the "let's take this slow 'cause it is going too fast and let's not define it, 'cause I am not looking for a committed relationship" guy.

We wound up talking into the wee hours of the morning.

Back to the starting point
In more ways than one


~EnJOY your Sunday

No comments: