Friday, August 1, 2014

T-Minus 28 Hours

T-Minus 28 hours and counting until my date with The Tech Guy.

I am a little nervous, a little excited, but also kind of dreading it. Why?

Well, he is older than me. He had been a Senior when I was a Frosh. Everyone else who you have been reading about here have been younger than me (W is the closest to my age by a mere 6 weeks, but is still younger). That is not bothering me so much as this next little factoid:

He's a grandpa.

Yeah, I know. I would give my eye-teeth for a grandchild, not that any of my children are at that point right now. But I would love a little someone, who would adore me, whom  I could spoil, and then give back to their parents.

Every time I think about it, I think of little old men with canes and wrinkly skin. Yeesh!  Nothing sexy about that. But he is a nice guy, and if nothing else, we will have a nice time.

And there is something else about him being a grandpa that brings me face to face with another little fact:

I am old too. 

(Shhhhh! We will not be convincing ourselves that we are old!! That begins to make us look old! I have seen the horrific damage that starting to think of oneself as old has done first hand, and it will NOT be happening to me!!)

He has a lovely evening planned (or so he keeps telling me) at a restaurant so ridiculously expensive I am not certain what to do. I certainly won't know how to act.

With the exception of  that first dinner in Mississippi with L/G, I really haven't been "out" to dinner with a man.  L/G cooked the rest of the time I was there, and W and I don't really eat, as much as we snack.

D/H would only take me out after we had our taxes done. Otherwise I would have to pay for it.  Always. As a matter of fact, I have had to pay for my own dinner for so long now, I would just be happy with a 12 pack of tacos from Taco Bell if I didn't have to pay for it myself.

So with that, wish me luck. If anything I will get a really nice, expensive dinner, and interesting conversation.

...Oh, And....

I have saved the very best for last.

Happy 55th Birthday to Def Leppard front man Joe Elliott
Regardless of how much time passes Joe, I will always remember you just like this

 
In honor of your birthday
 
 
 
Pour Some Sugar On Me ~ Def Leppard 1988



~EnJOY!

No comments: