Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday = YEA I made it!

This has been a really long week,

Not sure if it is because not only my boss but the supervisor  are both out and I am in charge all by myself, or if it was because last week I was on such a high before the Def Leppard/ KISS concert, but what ever it was, it has been pretty excruciating.

I am happy to say that I made it to Friday!

Tomorrow night is our 29th high school reunion.  Why the 29th?  The class of 1984 invited us to join their 30th reunion, because the class of 1985 is a bunch of slackers.  Sorry, but it's true.
I am looking forward to it, but I am also not. I will have to go alone. W will have his boys.
But I will get to see a lot of the class of 1984 that I haven't seen in a long time, so that will be fun.

I will post pictures later.

Today I thought I'd post a  side by side comparison shot of my Auburn polo dress.  The picuture on the right was taken last September. I can tell a difference.



 
 
I don't usually take photographs with my glasses on, but in the interest of continuity between this year's picture and last, I thought I'd recreate it as exactly as I could.  I can't "pop my toe" (a pageant trick) in this one because I can't stand the weight on my injured foot. Thanks to the ol' broken toes, I am wearing differnt flip flops too, but it's basically the same. 
 
Well, less 30 pounds.


Well, here is a song for the road. One of my friends, affectionately known as "The Highlander" for reasons that are obvious to all who know him, got this song stuck in my head. I understand that this sond is actually from 1965, by someone named Gloria Jones,  so the Soft Cell from 1981 is NOT the original. But it is the one everyone my age identifies with, so I have included it for old times sake
 
 
Tainted Love - Soft Cell 1981
Non-Stop Erotic Caberet -Some Bizzare Records
 
But this edgier version from Marilyn Manson is my favorite.
 
 
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson- 2002
The Golden Age of Grotesque -Interscope
 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
~EnJOY!


No comments: