Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Over the Hump....Woo Hoo!!

What day is it?! What day is it?!
That's right, it's Hump Day!

Despite having a really rough start this week, I am "naming and claiming" right now that this day will be better!

Armed with the advice of some really good friends, I now know how to combat some issues that need addressing. My answer was right in front of me all along. I really don't know why I never thought of it before. It is deceptively simple and for the most part, it is something that I already do.

I have the most amazing group of friends. You never know how God will use the people in your life, especially when you are a teenager and never really live beyond the weekend. But God placed these people in my life way back then, to be trusted allies, with the right advice  for just this moment.

Both W and The Tech Guy have provided some valuable insight, both suggesting a scenario that I have never thought of before. Both also offered nearly the exact same advice. I have decide to follow that advice today.

One friend of those friends I knew from my high school job. The Lord keeps placing him in my life. After graduation, when I married Hubby #1, he had moved out of state. I ran into him again sometime later when he was married to one of my friends, and was among those that D/H played weekend softball.  We lost touch after his wife died and reconnected recently though the miracle that is FB.

Imagine my surprise to learn he became a business consultant and author, who does motivational speaking on the side.   I also sought his advice. He listened to my issue, and gave me his take (which was suprisingly alot like W's and The Tech Guy's....either all guys think alike or I was missing something as plain as the nose on my face).   His most valuable piece of advice: PRAY FIRST.

After chatting for close to four hours, I came away with new eyes, and a fresh perspective.

Things will be better....starting today.

I have already claimed it!




No comments: