Friday, July 11, 2014

Thank God for the Weekend


Thank God the weekend is here.  Now to just get through the next eigth hours.

Yesterday I did wind up going home, propping my foot up, taking some pretty serious pain meds and sleeping the rest of the day away.  Cyn, BFF and partner in crime, a nurse in another life, checked my taping, brought me shrimp soup for lunch (and eventually dinner),  meds and a cane to use.

By the time I had reached the house, one could not tell where my foot ended and my leg began. I propped my feet up on pillows, and the meds put me to sleep. When I awoke at 7:00 p.m., the swelling had gone down and I felt much better.  I had missed calls from my boss, the LifeGuard, Cyn and W, all calling to check on me.

Heaven knows what I may get done this weekend, but I can at least stay still.

Speaking of Heaven Knows, I had no idea when I posted earlier this week about "Cindy Lou Who," that the rockin' song that I have come to LOVE playing lately on local radio, "Heaven Knows" was ALSO by Taylor Momsen and her band The Pretty Reckless!

What a coincidence!

 I couldn't find a YouTub link but you can check it out with the link below
(Parental Advisory: There is a point where this girl is practically naked)


The Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows - Video Dailymotion




 
~En-JOY!

No comments: