Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'm Shrinking!

That's right ladies and gentlemen,

This week I present the very first pair of size six jeans that I have ever owned.


.

I don't think that I ever wore a size five or six, not even when I was in high school. 

I was always skinny mind you. I weighed 110 from the first day I set foot in dear old LHS, until the I marched out and threw my graduation cap in the air. At 5 foot 7 inches tall, I was a bean pole. My legs were so skinny, I could stand with my ankles together and that would be the only point that they would touch.

Here, I am at sixteen, when I was in the very best shape of my life. My baton training schedule had me exercising, on average, 4 hours each day.  Even then, I was in a size seven jeans,

I know that "vanity sizing" plays a big part in this difference,  Just as I know the jeans I wore the night I met Darling Hubby were a size ten, seventeen years ago, they very well could be the sixes I'm wearing today.

I've always said that size was just a number, and it didn't matter the number as long as you felt good about yourself.  I wore a size 20 not that many years ago. But I didn't feel good about myself, because this /\/\/\ was the girl everyone saw me as. Eighteen in my head, not on my hips.

I have always been a stress-eater. Now that I've removed the stress of an unfulfilling, financially taxing marriage to a lying, manipulative, cheating scum-sucker, the weight just fell off.
Oh, sorry. Momentary lapse. I am not bringing that up, ever again, except to maybe tell the ol' mistress there THANK YOU for making him her financial and emotional burden now.


~En-JOY-ing my new smaller jeans, what ever size they might really be.

No comments: