Thursday, April 24, 2014

3 Years Ago ...

Three years ago this week, I was shaken, but extremely grateful.

We had just been through a tornado.

I had never been more afraid in my life.
                  But...
My house was damaged, but still standing.
My husband was injured, but alive.

And as the next weeks would unfold, people buried their loved ones, my family was whole. People in cities all around us, lived in tents, sifting through the ashes of their lives, I had more than enough.

I was never more thankful to God than I was then.

A reminder of that day is still in my back yard. I see it every day.
The random mystery tree, tangled up in the trees outside the kitchen window.
Still immovable.
My life has changed, but that one thing is constant.
And comforting.
A reminder that God had spared us for other things.
Now ....to find out what



No comments: