Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baccalaureate

Today is Kit-Kat's baccalaureate.

This is what I am wearing for it. I bought it as an alternative to the blue Easter dress.  Love Cato: found everything but the shoes there.  I've gotten lots of compliments on it and the day hasn't even started.


In two days, my "baby" will be a high school graduate. 






I can't believe the little girl that I fell in love with all those years ago, is now at the jumping off point for adulthood.  Heaven help us all!

Here we are at Baccalaureate.


She "bedazzled" her graduation cap. You can't see it in this photo, but she made a really pretty design with white pearls. (Okay, so maybe some of my pageant-diva rubbed off on her...giggle)  As she came down to stand with the other graduates, everyone in the congregation was straining to see what it was.

Only Kit-Kat.


As for graduation, I guess I will have to sit by myself.  I was going to sit with"W". As luck would have it, his neice is a classmate of Kit-Kat's. But he just just told me that he doubts he will be back in town in time for the graduation ceremony. A new job site he is working has been installed incorrectly and they are having to take it down and start over. He's a little mad, because he had mentioned this event tothe powers that be, when he got the invitiation, but no one expected this site to be so problematic. He said they don't have a set finish time. They have to stay on site until it is complete.  His neice is going to be disappointed ,but if it starts at 6:00 p.m. there is little he can do. Maybe it's just as well.

Somethings ya gotta do on your own

My daily scripture today was this:


“The LORD our God said to us at Horeb, ‘You have stayed long enough at this mountain.’ ”
(Deuteronomy 1:6, NIV)

How about that for a wake-up call?

The message from Joel and Victoria goes on to say:

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Have you been facing a mountain for so long that you feel like you are just sort of stuck there? Maybe at one time you knew you would break that addiction. You knew you would beat that sickness. You knew you would get married. But, you’ve gone through disappointments. It didn’t happen the way you thought.
Today, God is saying to you what He said to the people of Israel. “You have dwelt long enough on this mountain.” It’s time to move forward. God has new levels in front of you, new opportunities, new relationships, promotions, breakthroughs. But, you’ve got to stir up your fire. You’ve got to get a vision for victory. The dreams, the promises that you’ve pushed down and thought, “Oh, it’s not going to happen. I’m too old. I don’t have the connections. I don’t know the right people,” God has it all figured out. If you will start believing again, start dreaming again, start pursuing what God put in your heart, God will make a way where you don’t see a way. Press past the mountain and move forward into victory!

The promise of victory: a constant reminder that I am a winner, no matter what life has thrown at me.

Yeah, things are definately looking up


No comments: