Monday, May 5, 2014

Facebook Saved My Life

!Casi me muero de Cinco De Mayo!

For those of you who don't speak Spanish that reads:
"I almost died on Cinco de Mayo"

 WelI, I don't suppose, really, but I did have a wicked allergic reaction/drug interaction to my new blood pressure meds.  But I guess that I should have said "Facebook saved my life"

I had noticed a few days ago that my lips would tingle for an hour or so after I took my heart pill. I had also developed a little tickle in my throat that I attributed to sinus drainage. I didn't think it was anything related to my meds, especially my heart pill. It was one of two medicines I had been taking for months so I really didn't think anything of it. But when the symptoms worsened yesterday, I became a little alarmed.  My face was all tingly, my lips were swelling and I was developing hives. There was a lump growing in my throat. My next door neighbor was over using my wifi and kept asking if I was okay.

I posted my symptoms on Facebook. Instantly my phone went off. It was D/H's High School Girlfried, who, as luck would have it, just happens to be an ER nurse! What are the odds?!

She told me what I needed to take (Benadryl and Pepcid)  and what to watch for.

Though she told me that it wouldn't, the Benadryl made me very drowsy.  I laid down on the couch and woke up 4 hours later. My phone was lit up like a Christmas tree! I had several notifications, several missed calls and several worried text messages.  (Thank you all for your concern!)

So, I sit here waiting for the doctor's office to open, my heart beating out of my chest because I have not taken any more of any of my blood pressure meds.

I hope the rest of Cinco de Mayo ends up better than it started

!ole'!

No comments: