Thursday, May 1, 2014

Weathering The Storm

Today, my prayers go out to those on the Gulf coast, who are facing severe flooding.

I am particularly concerned with my friend CM. She and her five children are currently trapped in their flooded home.  She posted pics yesterday of the flood waters. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sharing this one.
 
 
Yep. That is her car under water in her carport.  So she is waiting patiently for the water to recede and the power to come back on.  She tells me the neighbors "swam over" to check on them yesterday, a noble, if not heroic gesture, given that the water is full of  (gulp) snakes.
 
CM is also a recent divorcee just like me. She too was the victim of a lying cheater, who is currently still with his homely mistress. But her lying cheater had a pretty spiffy job...hence the flooded Beemer in the photo above.  I admire her for the courage to face the situation, especially raising all the children by herself.
 
But she is positive and focused and takes one day at a time. She has removed all the negative influences in her life, including weeding out her Facebook.  She is rolling with the punches, and has landed a few herself. She is one of the friends I consider the "cream of the crop," and as you know,the cream always rises to the top. She gave me the best advice of anyone during these past five months: Stay Positive. Continue to Give Back. You will Reap exactly what you have Sown.
 
I am reminded of how we all weather the storms in life. Be it an actual storm like the ones Monday and Tuesday, or the metaphysical storms of doubt, dishonesty, divorce.  But having troubles is not the surprise everyone makes it out to be. It is actually the norm. We are to expect trouble:
 
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33
 
When the storms in life come, anchor yourself to the Lord. He will help you weather the storm.
 
 
~En-JOY
 


No comments: