Sunday, March 2, 2014

Feeling Productive!

I have been super productive today!

I have had so much energy since I've lost weight. Eating right certainly has put the pep back in my step. I let myself sleep until 7:00 a.m. again. That is a nasty habit to get into, but I did wake up rested and ready to face the day.

I thought I'd stop by the local barbeque joint and try out the breakfast menu that they serve on Saturdays and Sundays. It is owned by a classmate of my brother's and his family. I chose the breakfast platter: Eggs, bacon, grits, fried potatoes, toast (that I couldn't eat, though the thick slice of buttered bread was very tempting), and a cup of coffee. Today, many family members, including the sister I had gone to school with, were there. All were helping prepare two catering orders for the day. Each stopped by my table to ask how I was coping, offer words of encouragement, and offer their continued prayers for me.

The plan for the day was to visit a church just up the street, The Gathering Place. This may just be the church home I've been looking for! Several familiar faces greeted me when I arrived. The energetic praise team sang uplifting praise songs. I felt right at home. Wonderful sermon about Gideon and how the Power of the Lord is within all of us. The service was longer than expected, though the time passed quickly. I didn't realize until I was out in the car that it was nearly 1:00 p.m. But with three services to choose from, I can go as early, or as late I chose. I think next week I will try the 9:00 a.m. service, to have more of my day left.

 After church, I started on my next project:  my "closet room"



 
 
I decided to turn Kit-Kat's room into a "closet" and move all my clothes into there. The closet in my bedroom is really inadequate. What were people thinking back in the 80's?
 
 I've had to start moving the clothes that do not fit (because they are now 2 or 3 sizes too big...haha!) to the other empty closets. I'm uncertain if I am ready to donate them.  I'm afraid that once I am "happy" again, I will gain my weight back. So for now, I will just store them. They were a big expense and it seems wasteful to just give them away so soon.
 
I opened the windows, turned on the fan, and set to work.
 
I dumped the contents of the boxes onto the floor. The cats eyed them suspiciously. They kept coming over to sniff the components. They sat across from me, and each other, watching as I tried to make sense of the directions, which were ironically all in Spanish and not English.
 
.
  It was not hard to figure it all out once you identify each component. The white one came together in less than five minutes. The heavier, black one, took a little more figuring out. It had twice as many components. But since I am smarter than your average bear, it too was short work.
 
 
 
I know it's small, but I feel like I've accomplished something today.
 
While watching The A-Team reboot (and watching for the cameos of the stars from the original) a message in my Facebook in box caught my eye.  It was an invite to meet a male friend for drinks after work next week.  A date, of sorts.
 
The UPS Guy I dated so long ago, had an interesting definition of  a date: "a mutually agreed-upon engagement, to occur at a specified time and place between two people, who may or may not be romantically involved."
 
This meets those criteria.
 
Something to look forward to!
 
That HAS been a productive Sunday!
 
~En-JOY!
 
 


No comments: