Thursday, March 27, 2014

How Weird Is That?

Today I am having to work both my shift, as well as fill in for someone else.  I will be in the office pretty much from open to close.

Because all of my first shift folks would be there, I really wasn't needed there for my usual 7:30 a.m. shift. I decided to sleep later, at least until 6:00 a.m.,  take a longer shower,  and take my time getting ready for work. Kill some time, and get there around 8:00 to 8:15.

Great plan, right?

Despite all my lolly-gagging and fiddle-farting, I arrived at my office 7:20 a.m.

I did enjoy the extra hour and a half of sleep, though I apparently made the cats really nervous. JB is my "alarm clock with a tail." Trying to oversleep was tough enough, without him mewling and pawing at me. Zipper, a little less concerned, still managed to get right in my face, I assume to make sure I was still breathing.  I've really been dragging these last few days, due in large part to my blessed allergy meds. I've spent the last few days wandering around dazed and confused. I'm nodding off around 9:00 p.m., so the extra sleep was a bonus.

I really couldn't take a longer shower. The first person to take a shower always seems to run short on hot water. I used to be the first shower, just so that others would not suffer. The things we do for love.  Now, I am the only one showering there. I'm thinking of running the water out, then waiting for the 10 minutes it takes to build back up, and trying be the "second shower" to see if it makes any difference.  But I'm going to have to try that on a weekend, when I don't have any where to be.

The earlier drive in to work means that traffic is lighter and I miss a lot of the crazy drivers. That alone is worth getting to work early. Even at 6:45, they have already started to take to the roads.

I also have time to get settled in at my office. Make my coffee. Read through the news. Check my Facebook.  Today I didn't really have time for any of that this morning and I feel like something is missing.

It's gonna be a long day.











No comments: