Sunday, March 9, 2014

Yes, Lord...I Hear You!

Well believe it or not, I made it to church this morning, despite having stayed out until after 3:00 a.m. with my friends. No sin in that. I am not a drinker. I just enjoy dancing and hanging out and having a good time.

When I got in, and saw how late it actually was, I thought "there is no way I'm making that 9:30 service!" But I not only got up in enough time to make the service, I had enough time to stop by the local barbeque joint for breakfast too.

We began the service with Holy Communion in preparation of Easter. Jesus had used elements from the Passover meal to give the first Holy Communion.  This event is more commonly known as The Last Supper.


Leonardo Da Vinci's The Last Supper


 This communion was different than I was used to. In the Baptist church, the deacons pass out trays filled with little cups of "wine" (i.e.grape juice, cause we all know Baptist don't drink, right?) and  little crackers that kind of taste like uncooked macaroni ( due to the lack of yeast because when the children of Israel fled Egypt, they didn't have time to let the bread rise) The deacons would past the trays up and down each pew. In all the years I have observed Communion, I know of one instance where the "wine" tray was dropped, causing quite a mess and a portion of the congregation to miss out on "wine" part of the service. 

This church practices communion by tincture,  Each congregant would go to the front,  where the piece of bread  (the Body of Christ) pinched off a large loaf is dipped into the "wine" (the Blood of Christ) in one common cup before consuming. It was very quick and efficient.

I think the Lord is trying to get my attention. Today's message was even more timely than the first!

I couldn't wait to get home and share what I learned today.

Jesus showed us seven things while his earthly body was dying on the cross to remember:

Forgive those who are causing you pain. Pray for them! They are all children of God, even those who have been led astray by satan.

Help others who are experiencing your same struggle. You are not alone in your struggle, whatever it may be, and there are others who are experiencing it too!

Take care of those closest to you. Give those closest to you your best first. I was guilty of not doing that, and thus. am paying for that now.

Acknowledge your needs. Reach out to others to seek help when needed. Before it's too late.

Realize that you are not going to understand everything (here). But all our questions will be answered to our satisfaction in Heaven!

Be assured there is a purpose. Seek out and live your purpose!

Surrender your day to God, and let it go. Give Him everything. This is the  hardest for me. I know that I have mentioned before that I am OCD. I must be in control of everything that touches my life. When I can not control everything in my life, it makes me a little nuts. The idea of surrendering anything fills me with a terror that I can not explain. But I must trust God and let go, knowing He is sovereign and in total control.


The message spoke directly to me!  I can't even explain how great this makes me feel!

~En-JOY and God Bless!

No comments: